There’s something about House–the TV show–that really hits me just right. Or just wrong. I can’t decide. I’ve read the debates about whether or not House is an aspie. I think the answer here is simple. Yes, he is. That said, I think I pick up his mannerisms the more I watch the TV show.
Therein lies the problem.
I’ve only seen four episodes so far. They were the last four episodes of season three btw, for anyone who’s interested. That’s as of *checks computer* 11:23 pm, May 11th, 2008.
I should clarify though that, regardless of other internet fanatics out there, I’m not actually in love with House. To tell you the truth, he actually reminds me of a snarkier version of myself. That’s a bit frightening, really.
- “Everybody does stupid things, it shouldn’t cost them everything they want in life.”
- “Humanity is overrated.”
- “What’s the point in living, without curiosity?” – Season 3, Episode 22 – “Resignation.”
- [Cut to OR, Addie is under a general. Foreman is pulling pieces out of her head. House is taping it on a video camera.]
FOREMAN: Looks like massive tissue death.
HOUSE: Who cares? Her head blew up, how cool is that?
- “Arrogance has to be earned. Tell me what you’ve done to earn yours.”
- “How come God gets credit whenever something good happens? Where was he when her heart stopped?”
- “Reality is almost always wrong.”
- “It’s one of the great tragedies of life — something always changes.”
- “Weird works for me.”
- “You want to make things right? Too bad. Nothing’s ever right.”
- “What usually happens when you poke something with a stick? It pokes back.”
- “Dying people lie too. Wish they’d worked less, been nicer, opened orphanages for kittens. If you really want to do something, you do it. You don’t save it for a sound bite.”
- “Anomalies bug me.”
- “There’s nothing in this universe that can’t be explained. Eventually.”